Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.
The Category Associate will be in charge for developing the category and subcategory strategies managed End to End by GS, work in close collaboration with BU Category team to deliver annual value improvements, drive competitive advantage, leading Global and Regional sourcing initiatives/projects.
The person is a junior category manager with relevant experience in CS & TMF (Ground Transportation and Fleet) and stakeholder management. He/She will act as Primary Point of Contact for the relevant categories to meet business requirements and categories’ objectives.
The Category Associate’s scope of responsibilities includes, but not limited:
- Define and execute category and sourcing strategy, including defining an approach to the market, perform spend analysis, managing sourcing event, evaluating category results and suppliers performances.
- Prioritize and validate potential strategic options, determine the benefits cases for these options, and measure the performance against established KPI benchmarks
- Provide guidance and hands-on support to GS Sourcing team members on an execution of sourcing projects
- Assess ongoing changes in commodity business requirements and assist in the negotiation of contracted price and commercial terms
- Engage cross-functional stakeholders to address concerns, provide process updates, and conduct change management activities
- Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholder management activities and support change management integration activities
- Manage buying activities from requestors, direct along appropriate channels, and resolve any inquiries and disputes
- Negotiate with suppliers on final pricing and commercial terms during sourcing events
- Maintain supplier relationships by resolving key disputes, negotiating final pricing and commercial terms, and performing key stakeholder activities
- Manage the execution of sourcing events from end to end, including price negotiations, vendor quote tracking, supplier selection, and contract review and approval.
- Manage supplier enablement and eMarketplace content (including system updates)
- Assist in the development of the long-term procurement vision
Requirements for this role:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement in Category Management or Strategic Sourcing
- Demonstrated track record of successful influencing, partnering and working with stakeholders and business partners
- Results oriented and track record of delivering results in an international corporation
- Project Management skills
- Strong commitment and sense of urgency
- Partnership, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Flexibility in dealing with a complex environment
- Broad-based understanding of core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Credo mindset and behavior
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
- Project Management skills
- Ability to develop a high level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment
- Excellent English language skills plus another European language
- A challenging and interesting job in one of the biggest global healthcare companies
- An opportunity to make an impact with your actions
- Possibilities for own further development and growth
- Many opportunities to participate in different projects and drive our growth further
- Motivating remuneration and annual bonus
And there is more…:
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Home office
- Flexible working hours
- Meal vouchers
- Sodexo Cafeteria
- Life and accident insurance
- Pension contribution
- 8 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Contribution for language study
- Contribution for Prague public transportation
- Contribution for illness leave
- MultiSport Card
- Referral Award
- Refreshment in the workplace
- Sick days
- Company gym and free fitness lessons
The benefits are regulated by an internal policy which contains the full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and you fulfill the requirements set above, do not hesitate to send us your structured professional CV and short cover letter in English through the "Apply for the position" button below. You will be redirected to our career page and guided through the application. Should you face any technical issues, please contact us on career(at)its.jnj.com.
Who are your future colleagues
The reason why I decided to transfer to Continous Improvement Architect for Procurement role is coming true on daily basis. I wanted to help and improve the procurement process for employees and customers as well. That is what I like the most about my job, I feel that my job has added value. I`m nonstop developing my skills and hopefully positively motivating the people around me to do the same!
In my position, I am both responsible for people management and process documentation (SOPs & DTPs). I like the most the daily contact with my team members, people from different departments and ongoing involvement in various projects. Recently I used the opportunity to visit personally some specific JNJ-customers (public hospitals in Slovakia) – I found it very interesting and I learned a lot.
I enjoy working with people, serving our customers and improving processes. My job allows me focusing on development and career growth of my people and at the same time helping our customers to achieve their goals through ongoing improvements in our processes. I like working in international environment, meeting different cultures and have the possibility to learn every single minute in J&J.