E-learning / Online Course Designer
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson".
Your responsibilities & Your Impact:
- Design learner-focused instructional materials such as micro-learning modules, curricula, quick reference guides, checklists, eLearning, PowerPoint decks, simulations, videos, assessments, and blended learning solutions to support digital on-demand, live face to face and virtual facilitator-led training
- Use successive approximation modeling and/or agile models to collaborate and efficiently manage development of assigned learning projects end-to-end
- Facilitate and manage project workgroup meetings and content review sessions; get stakeholder feedback and buy-in early in design process
- Collaborate with visual/information designers, developers, learners and content subject matter experts (SMEs) while creating High-Level Design Documents, storyboards and/or rapid prototyping, and make recommendations on approaches that enhance the quality of the learning experience
- Write clear, concise and learner-friendly instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Leverage standard style guides, imagery and templates to ensure a consistent learner experience
- Develop assessments that measure defined learner outcomes based on Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation
- Develop train-the-trainer materials to best prepare facilitators to deliver training with the highest level of quality and standards
- Facilitate Design Thinking sessions and train-the-trainer programs where applicable
- Revise existing training materials and programs based on audit results, questionnaires, surveys, changing procedures and feedback from learners, SMEs, program sponsors and trainers. Complete content revisions timely adhering to designated timeframes
- Actively support learning pilots, facilitate train-the-trainer sessions and observation exercises to ensure learning effectiveness and identify necessary interventions. Collaborate with Instructor Delivery Lead to ensure train-the-trainer activities are coordinated and successful.
- Apply strong project management discipline for setting expectations, execution and resolving issues
- Collaborate with and manage stakeholders and subject matter experts during the content development process, establishing design project timelines, mitigating risks and ensuring alignment, engagement and expectation management
- Manage and maintain weekly current project status, project timelines and review cycles, and report status to project stakeholders per established processes
- Adhere to defined quality assurance guidelines and processes such as: Apply quality assurance guidelines to ensure accuracy of training materials and removal of protected information; Assist with the testing and review of learning content prior to launching via the SUMMIT LMS; Upload accurate documents and/or source files to the internal content library as per established guidelines
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, usability, performance impact, and scalability
- Ensure accurate completion and follow up of project reporting, audits and other data requests within designated timeframes
- Applies project management principles and tools to document, articulate and deliver training support including: definition/scope, identification of key stakeholders, training deliverables, progress reporting, risks/ roadblocks and success measures.
- Measures, tracks and communicates to stakeholders and GTLO progress updates, training effectiveness measures, training ROI, metrics (KPIs) and insights.
- Participates in training communities of practice. Gathers and shares external/internal training benchmark information, lessons learned and best practices
- Identify need for additional development tools and provides recommendations to Sr. Manager, Learning Experience Design
- Adhere to company practices, policies and Credo-based culture, and set an example for other team members. Utilize established company tools/methodology as needed or required
- Work with manager/coach to set goals for growth and development
- Support global culture of continuous improvement, identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes to drive data accuracy and global compliance
- Communicate and interact effectively and develop credibility and trusted mutually respected relationships with customers, stakeholders, leadership and team members
- Support special projects and initiatives as assigned
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field is required. A master’s degree in Instructional Design, Learning Experience Design, Adult Learning or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in instructional design or learner experience design is required.
- Comprehensive understanding of instructional design principles, learning experience design principles, curriculum development, adult learning theories and performance-based learning is required.
- Understanding of agile principles, responsive design principles and design thinking methodologies is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Instructor-Led and/or eLearning development tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, various video creation applications, a Lectora, Storyline 360, Captivate and/or other related software is preferred.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills are required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, SMEs, clients, global stakeholders and management is required.
- Advanced experience in applying adult learning theories, instructional design and learning experience design models to training designs and storyboard development is required.
- Adept and efficient at designing learning deliverables in response to a given business problem is required.
- Demonstrated project management or agile project management skills is preferred.
- Experience planning for and analyzing data driven learning experiences is preferred.
- Experience sparking improvements in learning design strategy, learner experience and performance improvement through collaboration and prototyping, is preferred.
- Experience in a major corporate training environment working on instructional design assignments across multiple teams or groups is preferred.
- Experience with curriculum development, performance improvement and project management is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of current learning trends and understanding of circumstances in which each would be used to drive learning engagement and performance improvement is preferred.
- General knowledge of LMS administration is preferred.
- Discretion, professionalism, confidentiality and judgement is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, self-directed team-based environment is required.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment is required.
- Approximately 10-15% domestic and international travel required.
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
- A challenging and interesting job in one of the biggest global healthcare companies
- An opportunity to make an impact with your actions
- Possibilities for own further development and growth
- Many opportunities to participate in different projects and drive our growth further
- Motivating remuneration and annual bonus
And there is more…:
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Home office
- Flexible working hours
- Meal vouchers
- Sodexo Cafeteria
- Life and accident insurance
- Pension contribution
- 8 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Contribution for language study
- Contribution for Prague public transportation
- Contribution for illness leave
- MultiSport Card
- Referral Award
- Refreshment in the workplace
- Sick days
- Company gym and free fitness lessons
The benefits are regulated by an internal policy which contains the full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and you fulfill the requirements set above, do not hesitate to send us your structured professional CV and short cover letter in English through the "Apply for the position" button below. You will be redirected to our career page and guided through the application. Should you face any technical issues, please contact us on career(at)its.jnj.com.