Senior Manager – Legal Entity Accounting
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson".
We are looking for a dynamic Lead (Senior Manager) for our Legal Entity Accounting Function in Europe-Middle East- Africa region (EMEA), who will be dedicated to the timely and accurate completion of legal entity (LE) accounting (US GAAP, local GAAP/IFRS). The role will be instrumental in establishing and recruiting a team of subject matter experts and will include significant interaction with internal management and external users of LE information. You will lead the governance over the centralized external audit (PwC) review process. In addition, you will run the parallel ledgers in relevant ERP systems (e.g. SAP and JDE) effectively.
Your responsibilities & Your Impact:
Scope of different responsibilities from a LE accounting perspective: US GAAP / Management Reporting, LE Reporting, local financial statements / statistical returns, local tax returns as well as the audit process. We envisage that a large part of the role will involve driving process improvements and standardization of LE accounting processes while maintaining a high level of accuracy. A deep understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structures is vital in order to manage the parallel ledger concept effectively (including regular ledger reconciliations). We expect that you can:
- Establish and maintain the relationships with Johnson & Johnson Country Tax Centres (CTCs), external audit teams (PwC and tax authorities as required) and other partners (e.g. BUF / Supply Chain, tax advisors)
- Lead tax accounting and balance sheet reconciliation of tax accounts as part of US GAAP closing activities
- Providing accurate and timely US GAAP LE data to CTCs for Corporate tax reporting (LR/OTP reporting)
- Perform all closing procedures for statutory, statistical and tax reporting and record them accurately, consistently and completely in the ERP
- Provide accurate, timely and consistent data to ensure local annual financial statements and local tax submissions are compliant
- Coordinate the external audit review from the Regional Centre, ensuing appropriate governance model is in place.
Aside of functional responsibilities, this is primarily a Lead role – you will recruit, grow and develop the team of LE Accounting Subject Matter experts. You will be expected to manage direct and indirect reports and grow the whole organization in your responsibility.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in statutory and tax accounting, external audit coordination as well as US GAAP close processes
- Fully qualified accountant (CMA or equivalent)
- Fluent in English (enough to present confidently to senior management), other EMEA languages are welcome
- Previous team leading and management experience – at least 5 years (direct and indirect team management)
- Ready to travel for 5-10 % within the EMEA Region.
We are looking for YOU if you have excellent people management skills. We are seeking experience manager who is leading and motivating a team of highly skilled managers/supervisors, as well as effectively managing resource allocation. Aside of that we are looking for YOU if you are/have:
- Ready to be personally responsibility for delivering results. You are comfortable accepting stretch goals, taking action and making decisions.
- Sense of urgency can work under pressure and you can thrive in a dynamic work environment where meeting deadlines is crucial.
- Critical thinker with big picture orientation combined with strong analytical skills to demonstrate your understanding of our strategy and business model.
- Intellectually curios and seek opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
- Able to build positive and trustful relationships with people around you at all levels
- Actively seeking feedback and appreciate/act on constructive criticism. You will bounce back quickly and learn from disappointments and mistakes.
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
- A challenging and interesting job in one of the biggest global healthcare companies
- An opportunity to make an impact with your actions
- Possibilities for own further development and growth
- Many opportunities to participate in different projects and drive our growth further
- Motivating remuneration and annual bonus
And there is more…:
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Home office
- Flexible working hours
- Meal vouchers
- Sodexo Cafeteria
- Life and accident insurance
- Pension contribution
- 8 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Contribution for language study
- Contribution for Prague public transportation
- Contribution for illness leave
- MultiSport Card
- Referral Award
- Refreshment in the workplace
- Sick days
- Company gym and free fitness lessons
The benefits are regulated by an internal policy which contains the full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role and you fulfill the requirements set above, do not hesitate to send us your structured professional CV and short cover letter in English through the "Apply for the position" button below. You will be redirected to our career page and guided through the application. Should you face any technical issues, please contact us on career(at)its.jnj.com.